[geeks] web page search engine suggestions?

oneiros geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 13:13:48 CST 2001

Thus spake Bill Bradford (mrbill at mrbill.net):

> Any suggestion for a good search engine? I need to add one to
> the mailing list archives.

htdig or mnogosearch (formerly udmsearch).

htdig is older and less actively developed.  It uses it's own database files
to store the data, so it will be slower than mnogosearch in most
configurations.  However, htdig is stable and you won't need to mess with it
much to get things working.

mnogosearch is newer, actively developed, and uses various database back-ends
to store the data (I'd recommend postgresql).  It's more customisable than
htdig.  You'll need to spend some time with it, tweaking...

--
 oneiros <oneiros at darkspire.net>    1024D/62C2F77D
 url: http://oneiros.darkspire.net/ EBB8 AF14 8C43 2F12 7623