[geeks] ping

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 23:29:24 CST 2001

Chris pointed out:
> >11 bytes from well-endowed.jewish-geeks.com.
> Jon, Jon, Jon,
> Don't you know, it's not healthy to express your envy and shortcom.. okay
> Ill rephrasse that... inadequacies in such childish ways ;-)

*thwap*

I have other, quality hostnames hosted off of corinne.cpio.org ( corinne-hst )
Some domains are mine, others are my lusers. Yes, I have lusers on my box:

1 jon at corinne:/home/jkatz% grep lusers /etc/group
lusers:*:60:jon,www,brendan,thyla,dragon,iambe,jtorrez,jdm,fox,krnl,jrs,candice,nina,pedxing,mike,josh,pfy

But back to the domains I on and they own [ as truncated from my motd ]:

Jon's domains:
[] cpio.org [] jonworld.com [] jewish-geeks.com [] kalikco.com [] nads.net
[] bachelor-cooking.com [] naptown.org [] darpanet.net [] hollybygolly.com
[] mysocalledsexlife.com

Jason's domain:
[] reallyreallyreallysucks.com

Nina's (nina@) domains:
[] digitalillusion.org

Sam (thyla@) and Brendan's (brendan@) domains:
[] thyla.org jacked-in.org dustpuppy.org assbackwards.org outhouse.org

Jay's domain (jay@)
[] pedxing.org

Not all of those are backwards/fowards-- but all my lusers can receive
e-mail at those addresses. Let's find the reverses (because I'm not even
100% sure what they are.)

229     IN      PTR     well-endowed.jewish-geeks.com.
230     IN      PTR     corinne.cpio.org.
231     IN      PTR     please.fondle.my.nads.net.
232     IN      PTR     jonworld.com.
233     IN      PTR     DARPANET.NET.
234     IN      PTR     circlecity.naptown.org.
235     IN      PTR     starving.because.of.bachelor-cooking.com.
236     IN      PTR     monica-lewinsky.reallyreallyreallysucks.com.
237     IN      PTR     kalikco.com.
238     IN      PTR     i-hate.mysocalledsexlife.com.
239     IN      PTR     thyla.org.
240     IN      PTR     mycroft.jacked-in.org.
241     IN      PTR     ns1.jacked-in.org.
242     IN      PTR     digitalillusion.org.
243     IN      PTR     the.linux.kernel.is.assbackwards.org.

I only came up with the hostnames for my domains, not the other ones.
Maybe Freud would have a lot to say? I did have an
'allyourbasearebelongto.jonworld.com' for a short point in time (before it
was k-lined from various IRC servers.)

In good news, the girl I met at DNB and I have 'made contact' since I'm back
in Indy and she's back in her hometown. The plot thickens. (Some of you know
the story, some don't-- it's a classic pick-up-in-bar/mruphy's-law thing.)

-Jon