[geeks] car question

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 25 17:13:17 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:
> And the reliability and quality as a whole... jesus you would take a car off
> the lot, and stuff would be falling off in your hands. Those were the REALLY
> bad years for the american auto worker, and some seriously unsafe,
> unreliable, and poor quality vehicles were assembled.

My mother's 84 Dodge Aries (not K) was fine until she attempted to ford a
stream and hit the gas right as she hit the lowest point. The #3 piston
gave out from metal fa-teeg about 25K miles later. My uncle rebuilt it,
but we lost track of it... (He hocked the title and didn't tell anyone.)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |