[geeks] Firewalls...

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 19:41:52 CST 2001

David,

As long as you don't put more than 5 pci cards in you are generally OK. Some
motherboards can handle six reliably, some cant. Of course it depends on
your MoBo and the overall composition of your hardware and software.

That's the thing about PC hardware that makes it so difficult to properly
support. There are so many variables, different configuations of hardware
and software etc... that knowing all of the possible issues is essentially
impossible.

And then of course we also get back inot the PCI bus bandwidth inadequacies
issue.

Chris Byrne