[geeks] Firewalls...

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 19:01:32 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 12:49:56PM -0600, Clay Mellender wrote:

> Actually, the IP Chains and IP masquerading built into linux is very
> robust. I have been using it for years, and it performs very well, even
> on a 486 with 20 Mb of ram. Ping times are very good, and with some of
> the package enhancements there are some very powerfull features.

I'm not denying that - in fact, I do the same.  But I am wary about trying
to run too many interfaces on Linux, simply because PC hardware is a bit
crap.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **