[geeks] Keyboard madness

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 15 19:47:58 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 04:15:38PM -0800, Christopher Byrne wrote:
> I generally use wrist rests when possible, and I pretty much do everything I
> can to reduce the angle of my wrists, and the loading I put on them.
> I'm lucky in that I mostly dont have wrist pain, but there is definite
> forearm pain.
> The wrist wrests definitely help, but I still find typing painful after a
> long period on the type 5. I have a type 6 which I also use with a wrist
> rest, and I dont have the same problem.

I had severe RSI back in college, but I used a Microsoft Natural keyboard
for about a year and it went away.  Basically taught me to type with
either a wrist pad or with my wrists up in the air; my problem was that I was
putting my palms on the desk and that it was causing a severe angle.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net