[geeks] mp3 skippage

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 15 03:10:52 CST 2001

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 08:13:16PM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Hi guys/gals!
>=20
> I may have mentioned this to the list before... but, I gots me
> a problem. Maybe you kids can help.

[snip]

> Theories:
> o Buffer on the soundcard isn't working (overfull/underrun). I
>   have no way of knowing this/testing this. Maybe get another
>   soundcard?

That seems most likely to me.  If the soundcard is expecting to get
samples at 48kHz, and mpg123 (or whatever) is outputting them at 44kHz
that might explain it.

--=20
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--