[geeks] WHATS WRONG WITH YOU

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 13 19:10:09 CST 2001

Tim:
> Famous for a car race. :)  That's the only thing I can think of.

3 races, a basketball team who almost had the title (this middle
finger is for you, Shaq), HQ of Prime Computer at one point
(remember them?)  ... what else? Eli Lilly (maker of Prozac) HQ
is here.

> I must admit, I am. :)  British family, Canadian citizenship, married to
> an American, working in New York on a work visa, applying for permanent

Canadian! Stealing our precious American oxygen! LOL Welcome aboard!

> Anyone want a UNIX admin in NY in the next year? :)

That's like going into Times Square and asking any random
passer-by if they have an asshole. The NYC job-market for
Unix Admins is amazing. If you have a problem getting a
job as a Unix Admin in NYC via dice.com let me know so I
can come visit you and put you out of your misery. LOL

FYI, when typing in 'solaris admin' in the New York search
page at dice I got 207 matches.... some consulting (contracting)
and the rest full-time. Check this (and notice the hourly rate):
http://www.dice.com/DandL/d/davidlaw.UAACG02.html
 OR
http://www.dice.com/DandL/c/cxcisny.2001-2-BF.html

Take care, and good luck!