[geeks] available: X10 XCam stuff

Christopher Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 13 03:24:23 CST 2001

Bill,

Just a note on the 2.4 ghz stuff. It can and will kill your wireless LAN if
in close enough proximity.

Actually speaking of that, any hams have experience with operating amateur
band equipment around WLAN equipment? My experience says bad combo,
especially on 440 mhz or in the (now semi illegal I believe) 1.2 ghz range
because of harmonics.
I mean with signal strengths of .1 - .3 watt it doesn't take much to garble
a WLAN communication.

Chris Byrne