[geeks] What's your computing present (equipment inventory)

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 10 16:48:32 CST 2001

Christopher Byrne wrote:

> Okay my last post was asking about everyones computing history. Now what's
> your computing present? What do you own or use regularly right now, and what
> do you plan to get in the near future?

So far, this is what I've got:

1 PDP-11/34a
1 Commodore VIC-20
1 HP Apollo 9000 (720)
1 Data General (AViiON 4300)
2 NeXTs (M68040 25MHz NeXTcube, M68040 33MHz NeXTstation Color Turbo)
3 Macs (PowerComputing PowerBase 180, PowerComputing PowerTower Pro 200,
MacSE)
4 SGIs (2 x R4600 Indy, R5000 Indy, R4000 Indigo)
6 Suns (4/330, 2 x SS10, RDI BriteLite IPC laptop, 2 x SS2)
12 PCs (various, including PCjr and HP laptop)

Someone at work has a complete Amiga 1000 that he wants to get out of
his attic, so that may make 32. :)  I'm also dying to get a small
RS/6000 in here (I won a model 250 on eBay, and the bugger never
emailed, or responded to multiple emails. :P).

All of these (except the PDP, which is in a friend's garage) are in one
room in the apartment, as Tara won't allow me to spill out into the
remaining 2 rooms (well, three, if you could the half-room living room
and the half-kitchen).

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer