[geeks] Big Damn File System....

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 13:56:15 CDT 2001

Well, for starters, I'm only using about 10 gigs on the first 30gig drive.
I don't collect porn or warez, and haven't gotten around to ripping more
CDs now that i have space.  If I ripped the rest of the CDs that I own
and encode them as vorbis files, I'm not sure that I would fill the
hard drive.  By my rough calculations, a 30gig harddrive could hold
about 500cds, assuming 60minute cds, and most aren't 60 minutes.  And I
only own a little over 200cds.

And more importantly, there are no more 3.5" drive bays and only 2 5 1/4"
drive bays (which, with a proper bracket could fit another 4 drives, if I
ever got around to making such a bracket).

--
Joshua Boyd