[geeks] WTB: digital camera

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 10:10:06 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:54:21AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> I while heartedly agree about the annoyances of PHD digital
> cams.  However, I think that what would be best would be something other
> than just new camera backs to retrofit existing SLRs.  I think whole new
> camera (perhaps with the abilities to take existing lenses though) would

Hmm.  Hit send to fast.  I also wanted to suggest that an LCD preview
screen might be more true to the spirit of SLR than an optical
preview.  But then, maybe people feel that LCDs aren't a high enough
res. to be usefull.

I rather like my Kodak DC215, and I use it a lot more than I do the SLR,
but I am frequently upset that it won't let me set exposure times are the
white balance.  And apparently 5 inches is too close for taking pictures
with that camera, which is tremendously upsetting.  I thought I had a
greate picture of a duck, when when I downloaded it, the duck was a total
blur, and neither of us was moving quickly.

Maybe I just need more experience with the camera.  I have gotten some
rather cool pictures out of it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd