[geeks] an interesting evening.

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 01:31:36 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:24:05AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:10:37AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > You wouldn't have a network, except for connecting to the
> > internet?  That's odd.  Around here, we use out network for so much
> > more.  The whole point of setting up the network in the first place was
> > for file serving and running headless boxes.  It wasn't until after we
> > moved to this new place that the network was also extended for internet
> > sharing.
>
> Well, I've also got headless boxes, etc, but they mostly do occasional
> file storage (no NFS, yet) and SETI...

i think the point (for me anyway) is that i'm an admin, so my whole purpse in
life is to make sure things work for people.  without users i cease to exist.
without an internet connection i lose a lot of "users" (ok, none maybe, but i
have a web page that gets hits every once in a while *G*) and my whole purpose
in life is lost. :)

-brian