[geeks] an interesting evening.

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 00:59:52 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:57:43AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> I never do that. I always have a device (be it a 10Mbit hub) to bypass
> everything. What me, deal with downtime?

The network tends to go down when you unplug ethernet and power
from the cablemodem and the NAT gateway box. 8-)  I was completely
"redoing" the network and cleaning up a cable mess (which is gonna
take me about an hour tomorrow to finish and make it look nice and
neat with cable ties and such).

Gotta bring a couple of 19" bolt-in rack shelves home from my
cube at work tomorrow so I can get the cablemodem and gateway
off the top of everything, and then look for some way to mount
the U60 in there (need sliding shelves, ugh).

The rack even has a stabilizer bar that slides out from between
the two wheels in front, for when you need to slide something
heavy out to work on it 8-)

This is just SO much nicer than the cheap "tuffy shelves" I had
everything on before.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford