[geeks] argh

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 12:44:59 CDT 2001

joshua d boyd wrote:

> The TD-5 that I occasionally play with has a lot of trouble with cross
> talk between pads.  Does yours do this?

Only if I tap on the rack. :)

> If it were my TD-5 (it's churches), I'd be looking into hooking it up with
> a computer and a sampler, and get some nice dirty drums sampled from
> different places.

For my simplistic needs, it's quite nice with the stuff it's got
onboard.  I was thinking of getting a TD-7 brain, and adding some dual
trigger pads, for cymbal chokes, rimshots, etc., but I'm just having fun
with it for now.  If any of the stuff I'm working on actually goes
anywhere, I'll most likely upgrade, and get some cooler gear.
Currently, the instrument list in the apartment is small:

1 Fender Strat (mexican -- teal to match the SGIs)
1 Yamaha bass (black, decent action)
1 Roland TD-5 (5 piece)
1 violin (of unknown origin -- my wife used to play)

For recording, I've used Cakewalk, Digital Performer and Quartz
AudioMaster.  I do most stuff via digital audio.  I'm also pondering
getting myself a nice little keyboard, as I have to depend on others
right now for keyboard parts.

I'd like to find some digital audio software for the SGI Indys. :)

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com