[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 10:27:02 CDT 2001

<Snip!>

Re-intros!
Following the format:

I'm 32 and living with my wife and child in the Midwest - (In my Mom's
house no less, how pathetic is that!)

I'm currently unemployed but when I am employed I'm a Network/Systems
Admin of (mostly) NT systems.  I just had a year or so of Solaris
experience at my last employer so have recently discovered the joys of
administrating a stable system as opposed to NT.  (However I was
playing with Linux, FreeBSD, and anything else I could get my hands
on before this.)

I spend much of my time in a musty old basement working on getting my
home network organized and tweaked, much to my wife's dismay.  I
currently have, two Linux boxes, two Winblows 95 boxes, one Sparc
NetBSD alarm clock, one SGI Indy that needs to be re-loaded, a
PowerBook 540C, and a myriad of other systems that need to be
re-loaded and put into use somewhere.  Currently trying to find a job
so I can get DSL in here.

On most weekends during the summer I attend the Medieval Renaissance
Faire in costume to relax.  It's fun to wear leather and carry around
sharp and pointys. *grin*

We currently live with one dog, a Siberian Husky, who is a constant
annoying fur generator but we love him anyway.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc