[geeks] UPS and shipping morons

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 08:44:08 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:09:12AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Lately the Postal Service has come a long way ina  short time.  Even
> huge-mongous packages shipped 3 day priority mail make it in three days - in
> as-packed condition.  As a bonus, the USPS is about half (or less) UPS and
> about 30% of Fedex.  I've started shipping all my stuff via USPS -
> because,lets face it, when do you *really* need something there overnight?

i have to second that.  i've been using the USPS for a couple years now. UPS
has long ago pissed me off (and they still do every chance they get) and FedEx
is too expensive for normal shipping.  when you absolutely *REALLY* need
something there overnight, then the extra cost of FedEx is acceptable, otherwise
the USPS rocks.  if it's too big for the USPS, Yellow Freight is my choice,
although just about anybody in that "vein" of shipping is good.

-brian