[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 23:25:18 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 09:34:20AM -0600, Jody Stephens wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure if this the right forum, buti, man, I'm still
> utterly and completely lost here.

This form is for "whatever".  BTW, why dont you introduce yourself
to the group?  In fact, why doesent *everyone* reintroduce themselves..

I'm 26 (soon to be 27 in November), and the admin/owner of the whole
sunhelp.org/sunhelp.net/workstations.org/mrbill.net/etc mess.  I run
the web pages (see www.sunhelp.org; if you havent seen it, I dont know
how you got here), mailing lists, etc.

As my day job, i'm a UNIX systems admin for Broadwing Communications,
Inc. (www.broadwing.com), specifically at their division in Austin,
Texas.  There, I do day-to-day maintenance (along with a team of five
guys) of around 80 Sun, DEC/Compaq, SGI, and HP-UX machines that make
up the UNIX side of the "internal servers" for the company.

At night:  I spend too much time on the computer, instead of spending
more time snuggling with my wife Amy (whom I married on March 31st
of this year after living in sin for way too long).  We have three
cats and a St. Bernard.

yes, I hate talking about myself.  NEXT! 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net