[geeks] UPS and shipping morons

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 22:29:15 CDT 2001

> my package off the porch, and look at the address - yep, my correct
> address, all right.  YOUD THINK THEY WOULD CATCH THAT IT WASNT DELIVERED
> TO THE RIGHT ADDRESS, if they *knew* where it was delivered!  Things like
> a wedding dress, a Plextor 8/4/32 cd-rw, etc.

I dropped UPS after they mis-delivered two packages - In one box a set of
clothes for my nephew, destined to CA for his second birthday.  In box
number two, a laptop computer destined for MI, an ebay sale.  Despite being
*clearly* and *neatly* labled and addressed, UPS managed to eff up the
delivery, delivering box 1 to box 2's address, and vis-versa.  I tried
calling UPS customer support for a refund on shipping charges - after
calling 3 times and getting 3 different operators who knew about *4 WORDS OF
ENGLISH*, I gave up.

I decided to pay for Fedex shipping to get each package to the correct
place.  Since that incident, I always use USPS Priority Mail with delivery
confirmation or signature - depending upon how expensive the item is.

Kurt