[geeks] Etiquette

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 12:57:39 CDT 2001

Jody wrote:
> Well at least she is now evil-ex-gf not evil-gf.

Indeed. URLs are available upon request. Current g/f
is wonderful, but that's another story. geeks at sunhelp.org
need not see me gush.

> Sheesh. Isn't there something called, like tact?

You figure the fact that we were dealing with the FBI
agents investigating him would cause him to lighten-up.

> Well it would be slightly embarrassing as they were both...
> err... naked.

DOn't you have a digital camera or a polaroid? It's always
good to have blackmail material!

> Well the geography of the house is such that sound doesn't
> travel well (well except for when the crack-heads (literally)
> next door argue).

Who said you had to drop the coffee pot in the kitchen? Right
outside the entraceway to her chamber....

> Well, that would probably be the correct way to do it, but
> alas I'd no time as I *have* to be at work on time (to insure
> that our POSs (piece of shit) are operational so that we (royal
> we meaning the poor saps who sell books) can sell books),
> nor the requsite skills to cook breakfast (well at least at
> 7:00AM).

Time is never on your side...

> > Keep in mind that English Majors... have looser morals
> > than most. By introducing them, you should have realized
> > what was going to happen.
>
> Again, is there some sort of manual for these things...

Sweeping generalizations (like the one I came up with
regarding English Majors) can only be made based on
limited first-hand experience. No, there is no manual. I
find that the more I do stupid things the more I learn.

> Postscript
> I just talked to roomie, she was expecting me to loudly
> thump the wall, or something. Couldn't she have posted
> a sign "Thump Wall To Wake".

*nod* the trick is to remain friends but embarass each
other to some extent... yeah, I like the sound of that...

-Jon