[geeks] Etiquette

Jody Stephens geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 12:05:50 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 12:31:34PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> LOL
>
> Well, when I was living in my house in San Jose w/
> evil-ex-g/f she and I were... uhm, busy one Saturday
> morning when a roommate banged on the door, inturrupting
> us so I could move my car and he could drive to
> McDonald's for breakfast.

Well at least she is now evil-ex-gf not evil-gf.

> He didn't even ask what we wanted, or if we wanted any
> food.

Sheesh. Isn't there something called, like tact?

> No, this isn't the right forum, but what the hell.
>
> There are a few ways you could have played it:
>
> 1) wake up your co-whorker by tip-toeing into
> your roommate's room and shaking him gently, trying
> to not wake your rommate. This allows him to wake-up
> and leave discretely.

Well it would be slightly embarrassing as they were both...
err... naked.

> 2) non-chillantly be a shithead, and wake them both
> up by being "inadvertantly" noisy... like going to
> fix yourself coffee and dropping the pot on the kitchen
> floor, or something.

Well the geography of the house is such that sound doesn't
travel well (well except for when the crack-heads (literally)
next door argue).

> 3) be a really nice guy and cook up a real nice breakfast
> for *all* parties, and wake them both up (by banging on
> your roommie's doorpost) when it's ready.

Well, that would probably be the correct way to do it, but
alas I'd no time as I *have* to be at work on time (to insure
that our POSs (piece of shit) are operational so that we (royal
we meaning the poor saps who sell books) can sell books),
nor the requsite skills to cook breakfast (well at least at
7:00AM).

> Keep in mind that English Majors... have looser morals
> than most. By introducing them, you should have realized
> what was going to happen.

Again, is there some sort of manual for these things...
(preferably in some sort of verbose US military manual
style, with lots of declarative sentences)
HUMAN MANUAL
VOL XI PEOPLE
PART XXI ENGLISH MAJORS
"...DO NOT under any circumstances introduce two english
majors."

> -Jon

Postscript
I just talked to roomie, she was expecting me to loudly
thump the wall, or something. Couldn't she have posted
a sign "Thump Wall To Wake".
--
                Jody Stephens -- (303)322-1965 x2608
                      jodys at tatteredcover.com
                     Tattered Cover Book Store
                          1628 16th Street
                         Denver, Co. 80202
                       (303)322-1965 Offices
(303)436-1070 LoDo Store         (303)629-1704 Office and LoDo Fax
(303)322-7727 Cherry Creek Store (303)399-2279 Cherry Creek Fax