[geeks] Clerks and Cars

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 09:52:02 CDT 2001

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> then nailed the gas - pushed her right the eff outta my way.  Built up
> enough momentum to send her into a empty parking lot (sideways) with a light
> twist of the wheel.  The whole incident covered less than 50yds.

This is one of the reasons I want an ex-cop-car with a push bumper. That,
and if you ever have a legitimate need to push someone (always happening
with my family ;-) you can do so without worrying about the bumper.

'Course, the other reason for getting an ex-cop-car, is so when the above
degenerates (his story) into some kind of show of muscle-power /
out-manuvering, I've got them beat.

I recently learned of the method in which my resident county of Alabama
terminates a high-speed pursuit: demolition. They block off the road ahead
by several miles, then send in a Camaro or Mustang (all beat-to-hell,
obviously) [that was seized from a drug-dealer] {and has been retrofitted
with a roll-cage, etc.} right at the fleeing suspect with a demolition
driver inside. Yikes. I understand he never misses.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |