[geeks] Clerks and Cars

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 15:31:07 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:16:44PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> Cool.  Wonder if they would be willing to do older (98 or before) Jettas

i don't see why not, i just read about that particular one in a mag, and they
seem to be a well established shop, so they probably work with even older cars
than what you have.  now, keep in mind this beetle is $65K (that inckludes the
original cost of the car, at what, like $20-$25K?)

> also.  Or, if they would also be willing to do a convertible mod (get a
> suped up new beetle convertible, hehe).

ever see the convertable old beetles?  that was a rather common mod.

> In the not too distant future (like for 2002 I think), VW is coming out
> with the W8 engine.  8 cyl. in a W instead of a V configuration, and it
> should fit in everything, although officially it is only for the Passat at
> first.  I really don't care for the new Jettas, but then I've been
> thinking a Passat or Audi would be a nice change anyway.

passat=jetta=beetle=s4=a4=a6=(ad.nauseum)  everything fits in everything. :)

> Hmm. 6 monthes isn't bad.  I don't have any of the right gear though.

hmm, didn't think about that, ok, 2 years.  tops. :)

-brian