[geeks] Clerks and Cars

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 13:16:44 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:52:45PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> there is a company in canada that does "beetle upgrades".  they use all VM/Audi
> parts, but they make an AWESOME sleeper.  first, quattro all wheel-drive since
> you can't really put too much power into front-wheel drive, it's pointless. :)
> tweak the suspension and brakes and whatnot of course, but then there is the
> engine.

Cool.  Wonder if they would be willing to do older (98 or before) Jettas
also.  Or, if they would also be willing to do a convertible mod (get a
suped up new beetle convertible, hehe).

> VR6 with twin LKK turbos.
>
> it has more power than a 911 Turbo.  and it looks like a hippie/old lady car
> since it's the cute "new beetle"

In the not too distant future (like for 2002 I think), VW is coming out
with the W8 engine.  8 cyl. in a W instead of a V configuration, and it
should fit in everything, although officially it is only for the Passat at
first.  I really don't care for the new Jettas, but then I've been
thinking a Passat or Audi would be a nice change anyway.

> i'd LOVE to own one.
>
> oh, and btw, it takes these PROFESSIONALS WHO HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE about 80
> hours of work time to get it done, so it would take you or me about 6-12 months.

Hmm. 6 monthes isn't bad.  I don't have any of the right gear though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd