To whoop Ken's ass (was: Re: [geeks] Trade U30 for G3 mac B&W ?

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 14:05:16 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 12:53:19PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Monitors: Having lost two 19" monitors in transit, I am tired of throwing out "cheap" monitors. I have a *new* 21" Sun, a 20" Sun that needs some TLC (current workbench tube, the guns seem out of alignment), and about 3 or 4 17" Sun monitors of various age - I have more tubes than active machines at this point.

i hate shipping monitors.  especially UPS since the UPS here in Allentown is
one of the worst ones i've ever run across.  ALL my packages are damaged when
they show up.  i didn't have that problem in Reading.  course my mail is always
late here as well.  i think it's this area.  it's time to leave.  now.

> Looking in the latest newpaper ads, 17" monitors (*new*) are around $100 - and for my money, that beats the *snot* out of 8 year old sorta fuzzy Sun monitors...

my 17e10 is what, 7-8 years old now?  it's still onthe sharpest monitors i have.
i wouldn't mind getting another one since i don't think i'm ever going to get
any of these old DEC tubes working on the sun, plus i'm sure they are all fuzzy
anyway.  bah.

> Keyboards: Sun 5c can still be gotten new in the box, with a bit of dilligence (doesn't everyone have a stock pile of keyboards? ;^) ANd yes, those IBM keyboards *are* freakin industructable!

i've got two type5c keyboards right now.  a primary and a backup, although i
should probably stockpile a couple more and some mice.  never a bad idea.

-brian