[geeks] FreeBSD install problem on ALR server

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 15:01:22 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 03:19:23PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> That sounds right to me... But I don't remember the article you mention...
>
> The PPro is a very nice chip, IMHO.

Personally, I would describe the PPro as almost decent.  It still is an
x86 chip after all.  And, while they did clean up a lot of cruft for that
chip, it still has some gaping problems, such as only 4 semi-general
registers.

But, most of what I use is unfortunatly x86.  Someday I'll get the
fileserver and main workstation replaced with better machines.

--
Joshua D. Boyd