[geeks] flamewar question: Perl

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 22 12:42:59 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 03:25:45AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Is it worth my time to lern Perl? (er, "learn perl better
> than the little I know it already")?

My personal opinion is that python is a superior general programming
language.  I use perl for doing things like single scripts, and if forced
to, for doing web sites, but if possible, and larger than say 10 lines, I
prefer python for the ease of which it can be refactored, and for not
having to worry about white space (one advantage of emacs is having custom
modes for anal programming languages).

Of course, you don't say what you want to do with this programming
language.

--
Joshua D. Boyd