[geeks] Re: [geeks] RE: [geeks] Re: [geeks] Re: [geeks] T H E  b r i Q

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 17:15:59 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:21:33PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Hey, what about all the folks with only ISA slots - what are they
> supposed to do? ;^)

There is a difference between ISA and PCI 66mhz 64bit.  One is that ISA is
only 1.5meg, whereas, PCI 66mhz 64bit is as fast as AGP (but minus one or
two features, maybe).

> I suspect the issue is that folks with "mature" systems (the ones you
> listed) are not upgrading components as much as they are replacing
> systems. The AGP standard has been around a while now (two years???),
> and systems older than that are now, simply, "rescue" fodder. ;^)

That Briq looked pretty new to me.  And I know that Ultra AXis are pretty
current also.  Plus, there are assorted MIPS and StrongARM boards out
there that aren't too shabby.

--
Joshua D. Boyd