[geeks] vmstat modification

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 17 10:17:24 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:35:16AM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> One of the nicest workstations I ever worked on was a
> KODAK KIMStation (most who know what this is repress the
> knowledge).  It was diskless and could be slow, but it
> had a BEAUTIFUL 21" grayscale monitor that was crystal
> clear.  I could use 8 point fonts on a 1536x1152 display
> with no eyestrain at all.  I miss those...

So, the KIMstation.  What is that?  A rebadged DECstation?

> But most people hear you say grayscale and automatically
> say YUCK.

Speaking of which, I still haven't found anyone who could tell me how to
set XFree to greyscale while still letting all the programs think it is
true color.  I'd find this rather handy, especially on the machines I have
that only have 8 overlay planes.

Personally, I've always like black and white interfaces.  The Symbolics
and early Mac OSs always impressed me.  But, I don't want to try getting
all my X software to go to B&W.

--
Joshua D. Boyd