[geeks] vmstat modification

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 17 09:35:16 CDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 dave at cca.org wrote:

> I recently switched from a 1024 x 768 colour NCD x-terminal
> to a 1280x1024 mono NCD x-terminal. Mono tubes are *so*
> much easier on the eyes! I only use the colour terminal when
> I'm using my camera. I gotta get one of these for work...

At last!  Someone who understands =)

One of the nicest workstations I ever worked on was a
KODAK KIMStation (most who know what this is repress the
knowledge).  It was diskless and could be slow, but it
had a BEAUTIFUL 21" grayscale monitor that was crystal
clear.  I could use 8 point fonts on a 1536x1152 display
with no eyestrain at all.  I miss those...

But most people hear you say grayscale and automatically
say YUCK.

--Kurt