[geeks] Foundry vs. LocalDirector

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 16 22:30:57 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:30:00PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Pros/Cons (other than the "LD is just a PC" argument).

LD is just a PC that runs a very stable, very efficient single purpose OS.

> I need loadbalancing/failover between two web servers,
> and failover between load balancers if possible...

cisco said they were going to address the connection persistence thing, and that
was, uhm, wow, about a year, to a year and a half ago.  so there is a good
chance that's been resolved.

other than that, they are everything you expect out of a cisco.  i loved them.
i hated the F5 BigIP boxes on the other hand.  cisco is simplicity. :)

-brian