[geeks] Appletalk anyone?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 8 16:10:19 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 11:17:11AM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> 2) Put an AFS-compatable server package on the Solaris server.  Current
> choices include CAP and Netatalk.  Both work, but are a bitch to install,
> hence my query to see if anybody has had good luck implementing any of
> them.

Speaking of which, can anybody recommend a good, free or cheap image
editing software for the Mac?  I dont have photoshop 6.0 on it 8-(,
and the Corel PhotoPaint that came with the scanner *sucks*.

(yeah, got the mac reinstalled with the spare 21" monitor, got the
 HP scanner moved onto it after getting a $19 USB card.. turns out,
 the SIIG and Belkin PCI 2-port USB cards are the *same design* -
 board and component layout are identical!  So, of course, I got the
 SIIG for $10 cheaper..)

Now I just need 2 meg more VRAM, more system RAM, and a bigger (2G
or better) SCSI HD.. arugh.  Then, I'll have a slow (200Mhz PPC 604e)
but usable dedicated "scanner system".  I was tired of losing all my
PC's desk space to the scanner. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford