[geeks] Re: [SunHELP] SSA and fiber card being a royal PITA

Zach Malone geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 10:56:56 CDT 2001

I dunno (I missed the start of this therad), but I never really liked Neal
Stephensons cyberpunk stuff.  He came about 5 years too late, and his work
comes across as being slightly repetitive of Gibson, Sterling, and the other
80's sci-fi authors.  Luckily he mixes in the whole Sumarian/mythology
factor, which really saves the book.  Im more partial to his later stuff,
Cryptomonicon is really quite good, and his In the Beginning was the Command
Line is a nice read.  The Diamond Age was ok, but a lot of people I talked
to couldnt get into it.  Personally, I think that he has good ideas, but his
writting is not of Gibsons caliber.
    Zach