[geeks] Re: [SunHELP] SSA and fiber card being a royal PITA

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 10:43:56 CDT 2001

Lara Matthews wrote:

> Hiro Protagonist--hacker, samurai swordsman and pizza-delivery driver
> from Snow crash by Neal Stephenson  - very good book.  The first chapter
> has got to be one of the best first chapters ever.

*ding ding ding* we have two winners.  you get, uhm, ahhhhh, i got some spare
computer bits paying around. :)

that first chapter did me in.  though, "ok, everyone says how good this book is
and how i should read it, i don't have a lot of time right now, but i'll read
the first chapter just to get started."  half a book later i put it down.  i
was so taken by that first chapter that what choice did i have but to read as
much as i could before i realized how tired i was, how late it was, and how i
didn't do any of the things i had wanted to that day. :)

cheers,

-brian

ps: moved to geeks.