[geeks] .uk DVD-ROM drives?

Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 12:23:24 CST 2001

s at avoidant.org, reeling from the shock, managed on Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:38:32AM -0500 to scrawl:
> Martijn Pronk wrote:
>
> > > KaZaa's linux client is the most pathetic console program I have ever
> > [...]
> > > just generally awful.
> >
> > Indeed! Before I downloaded it, I had the hope it was at least a X program
>

> Yeah, I tried it on your ecomendation last night, and I have to say it
> fairly well sucks. Not your fault, I know. It has echoing problems, so
> it looks fine 'till I hit any key, at which point it echoes all sorts of
> garbage to the screen. And when I finally located a couple of Red Dwarf
> episodes, they never downloaded anyway. Sat "Queued" for a couple of
> hours 'till I killed the prog.

On my good wyfe's machine, we've been using various Gnutella clients for
file snatching. LimeWire is quite good, BearShare has the slickest
interface, but they try to install some nasty little spyware programs,
too. Good thing I have ipfilter on my FreeBSD box.

But anyway, to get back to the point, which was Red Dwarf...I've had no
luck finding Red Dwarf video on GnutellaNet. If anyone has any for
download, I'd be real appreciative if they'd let me know off-list!

I found some REd Dwarf VHS tapes while Crispness Shopping, but they
wanted $21.95 US each!! GAck! Isn't price gouging like that almost an
invitation for people to try and obtain the goods through alternative
means?