[geeks] scribe

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 14:48:19 CST 2001

I recently came across an old reference to a program (word processor perhaps?)
called scribe.  The initial reference said that there was a battle between TeX
and scribe, but what I find in other pages when trying to find out more about
scribe is that it looks like they are used together.  No actual pages about
what scribe is have turned up yet though.

Wait, now I see a page about a scribe mode in emacs...  Now a page that talks
about submiting tex generated by scribe.  Now a page saying that scribe is
being removed, please switch to tex.  Now a page that says LaTeX is like
scribe.  Another says that scribe is simply an email client.

All rather confusing.  So what is scribe, and to a latex (but never directly
tex) is it worth learning?

--
Joshua D. Boyd