[geeks] Buzzzzz

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 20:40:26 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com>
To: <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [geeks] Buzzzzz

> On December 20, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > *I* drink a lot of Coke, but never more than 6 a day (estimate) - to
drink a
> > 12 pack a day, you are drinking about a can every 90 minutes... Why?
>
>   Umm...Lesse.  Thirsty?  Want caffeine?  LIKE IT?  There are lots of
> reasons to drink soda frequently.

12 oz. every 90 minutes? Where does the fluid go? Do you sweat it off? No,
wait, never mind - forget I even asked...

> > Then with dinner, of course, another coke.
>
>   Myself I will put down easily three cans of soda with a meal.

You da man! Why? Doesn't it just reach a point where you are drinking out of
habit?

> > I used to drink more coke, but I was starting to wonder about the impact
> > my internal organs of *that much* coke passing through them...
>
>   Did you ever research any of this?  On the advice of a few friends,
> I've been experimenting with replacing my [massive] daily caffeinated
> soda drinking with water.  LOTS of water.  I've been doing it now for
> about a week.  I still drink some soda every now & then, but only to
> get rid of the lack-of-caffeine headaches.  No significant effects to
> report yet, but I think I'm noticing that I'm sleeping a bit more
> deeply.

I once went "cold turkey" for three days - remember the huge snow strom
about 6 - 7 years ago that shut down the east coast - it was not by choice,
and it was not pretty. I was stuck at my aunt's house, they had *no* caffine
at all! (Barbaians!)

I took a lot of naps, I avaoided relatives, and stopped at the first
convienience shop on the way out of town and bought a lot of crap (Hostess,
Coke, beef jerkey, etc.)

Ken