[geeks] HP's

Martijn Pronk geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 15:24:32 CST 2001

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 04:02:51PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
>>There are possibly some issues with NS running on the 712/100 due to some
>>difference between it and the other 712 model. Of course if you get it working
>>you should let everyone know :)
>>

>Hmm.  Mines an 80, and I still spent more on it 6months ago by twice what 100s
>go for now.

I have a 715/80 and it was free... (Cought it at my former workplace
where they wanted to
get rid of it)
it has 64 Mb ram and originally had HP-UX 9.something on it. Now it has
HP-UX 10.20
which was kindly provided by the same workplace...

>>Note to all. The HP machines want a 512 byte block CD-ROM like the Sun & SGI
>>boxes for booting/loading OS
>>

>Yeah, I know.  Hence not getting the box set up right away.  The stupid seller
>sold me the wrong CD-Rom and refused to fix it, and it was months before I was
>able to get a 512b cdrom, at which time, I didn't have time to spare for
>working on getting the HP going.

I used an external SUN cdrom drive on my HP to get the OS on it

Martijn