[geeks] HP's

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 15:08:26 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 04:02:51PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

>There are possibly some issues with NS running on the 712/100 due to some
>difference between it and the other 712 model. Of course if you get it working
>you should let everyone know :)

Hmm.  Mines an 80, and I still spent more on it 6months ago by twice what 100s
go for now.

> Note to all. The HP machines want a 512 byte block CD-ROM like the Sun & SGI
> boxes for booting/loading OS

Yeah, I know.  Hence not getting the box set up right away.  The stupid seller
sold me the wrong CD-Rom and refused to fix it, and it was months before I was
able to get a 512b cdrom, at which time, I didn't have time to spare for
working on getting the HP going.

--
Joshua D. Boyd