[geeks] I feel dirty

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 09:45:03 CST 2001

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Martijn Pronk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So finally I turned to the dark side... I've used msn messenger...
> So I guess I lost some geek points.
> A little explaination why I turned to the dark side.
> My girlfriend lives about 160 miles away from me, and every day calling
> starts getting annoying, so she started annoying me with why I'm not
> using msn. I tell her "doesn't work on Solaris, FreeBSD or HP-UX, so

Yeah but you can always get a Powerbook G4 running OS X and get the great
IM app called Fire.app which allows you to have one buddy list and use
AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, IRC, and Jabber in the same app.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.