[geeks] Wow

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 12:51:48 CST 2001

IF.

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Dave McGuire [mailto:mcguire at neurotica.com]

~ FR is just fine if it's done correctly.  I don't have any experience with
~ SMDS though.
~
~      -Dave

Done lots of FR here too (and VoFR). It needs carefull planning.

SMDS is like FR in that its a stat-mux protocol. SMDS is "delivered" on
traditional telco services, but because of tricks/lies in framing,
statistical juggleing, etc. they can deliver "100mbs" on unbalanced T3
service. It comes in 1.5, 10, 45, 100, 500 and 1000 MBS flavors. The East
Coast Bell companies are the only ones I know that are pushing it, and now
they have backed off of the sales push. Maybe the lies have burned some
customers.