[geeks] Happy Holidays, everyone.

Bryan Fullerton geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 00:06:45 CST 2001

On Monday, December 17, 2001, at 12:51 AM, D.A. Muran-de Assereto wrote:
> Interestingly enough, Apple recommends that you NOT use UFS with OSX.
> Something to do with integration, and UFS not supporting all the cool
> metadata that MacOS applications need. They also say it's slower than
> HFS+.

Haven't noticed it being slower, though I expect the hdd in the laptop
is only 5400rpm IDE anyways.

The only app I've had problems with was the installer for the upgraded
StuffIt Expander - installed the app fine, but didn't upgrade the
engine. Copied the engine over from a friend's machine (mm, tar) and now
it's all happy. Most of the apps I use seem to be Cocoa instead of
Carbonized, perhaps that's why they're happy.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/
Core Competence               uunet.ca!gts!cspace!bryanf