[geeks] "Borg foot" pix.

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 16 08:59:55 CST 2001

The "choice" of running this "virus vacuum" is truely based on hardware
choice.

If I had a Solaris laptop that was under 1" thick, weighed less than 3-4
pounds, ran for 2+ hours w/802.11b support for those two hours I'd be happy
to switch.

I will probably get my wife a nice iBook (the one we discussed Pete), and if
that goes well, I may get a used Powerbook later for me.

I could run Solaris on this laptop, but no supprt for 802.11b (once you
wireless, you never go back!).

I could run Linux on it, I suppose, but I am choosing not to (for now, that
might change, but that is my choice).

Besides, I've been running Win OSs for years, and I've only gotten a couple
viruses (virui?) - the latest "Hi!" virus, and had no impact on me (didn't
open them, not infected).

I've been lucky, I know, but the experience has not been too negative so
far...

My wife, on the other hand, spent an extra 3 or four hours at work after her
Mac crashed at 4:45 on Friday - some bizzarness with ATM font manager,
IIRC...

Ken