[geeks] A little self-depreciation.

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 14:07:45 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:02:16PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wargopl%40sun+SWM&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=1990Jun26.053116.21734%40sun.soe.clarkson.edu
> > I find it quite funny now.
>
> Me, about a month before I moved to texas:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mrbill%40ionet.net&hl=en&rnum=4&selm=4ura2m%24laf%40ionews.ionet.net

I found an old posting I made in 95 which makes me sound like a complete
computer retard (my DOS 3.11 days)... yet I had been doing VAX pascal
programming over a modem for four years in high school and found it quite
friendly... Where was I coming from?

choice excerpts:

Date: 1995-01-29 15:11:26 PST
I am new to news groups in general, and also to this particular news group
I have always been looking for groups like this one.  I was wondering
several
things:

1.  Is there an easier way to make a post than to use this awful program
vi? (I love vi now btw... and have ever since that UNIX in chemistry
course on the Xenix's...when I learned to use it properly.)
<...>
4. Oh also, how does one keep from getting the prompt Distribution: and
having
the computer tell you it will waste a lot of money by sending this message
everywhere?

heh
Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.