[geeks] Spouses and stuff (was Re: new lists?)

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 00:54:15 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 12:02:30AM -0600, Amy wrote:
> we started attacking the cluttermonster when we started redoing this
> joint. so far its been a case of me attempting to understand why a pdp-11
> would hold sentimental value and him trying to fathom why a linen
> tablecloth is invaluable. in retrospect it'd be funny to watch secondhand
> when we hire dumpsters out on clearing days. :)

Hmm.  At least table cloths don't take much space.

> > Oh, and what kitchen-ware would you get for an empty Sun E10K chassis?
>
> i'm actually facing that, coincidentally enough. i've decided that if he
> gets the chassis, i'll get an appropriate volume of stuff (most likely
> furniture or a nice potrack or the like). he mentioned pots and pans down
> the line somewhere as well.

Perhaps that kitchen table you were mentioning earlier?

> i wouldnt want to guess the worth of an e10k chassis. i'd say go for it.
> it just has that nifty factor.

You can always use it as a storage cabinet.  I seem to remeber seeing the web
page of an actor who used old pentium mainframe wannabes as plant holders.
They were nice tall black oblisk type things.  Wish I could remeber a brand...

--
Joshua D. Boyd