[geeks] -fast option on Sun's compiler.

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 22:31:35 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 dave at cca.org wrote:
> I hate the subtle DOSish feel to a lot of linux stuff, thought that
> might just be in my head. When I see a colour "ls" display, all I can
> think is that Kmart finally has their own Linux distribution.

It's not your imagination; these id10ts have ported DOS code right on into
Linux. lirc, for instance. You have to tell the Linux kernel not to attach
to the serial hardware you want to use (i.e.: one of the serial ports).
Why? Because it bit-bangs it directly. Can you say fsck UNIX?

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   | IM: KrisBSD