[geeks] -fast option on Sun's compiler.

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 21:28:42 CST 2001

kris at catonic.net writes:

>On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:
>>   I wonder if the code is structured and documented well enough to be
>> threadable without a huge amount of effort.  I can see a
>> "--threads=<n>" command line option...that would be cool.

>*grrr*. I hate that Linuxism -- double-dashed full-/multi-word arguments.
>Lots of unnecessary typing.

I thought that was a GNUism?

I don't really mind it. How do you feel about find and dd?

I've been known to write stuff that's only used from scripts (too many
picky options to type interactively - math stuff) that gets its arguments
via env[]. ITERATIONS=16 etc. Looks kinda VMSish, which is funny.

>I hate Linux weenies.

I hate the subtle DOSish feel to a lot of linux stuff, thought that
might just be in my head. When I see a colour "ls" display, all I can
think is that Kmart finally has their own Linux distribution.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------