[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 14:35:27 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:19:33PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> > hrm, i dunno bout the rest of the world. my guess is the definition is
> > very personal...i define a yuppie nowadays as anyone who buys granite
> > countertops for the look instead of marble ones (or any other type) for
> > the use.
>
> What I really hate is Corian (I think that is the right word) counter tops.
> Looks exactly like marble, but it won't stand up to anything.  People
> apparently buy it because they want the marble look, but without the marble
> price.  I think they might have imitation granite now also.

when we bought this house it had corian tops. all i can say is, they
scratch easily, stain badly, and are too warm to roll dough on. they suck.
bill was confused as to why i wanted to replace them until i explained
that they were useless for my needs. the stains on them were so bad i had
to break out my palm sander. some of the knife gouges are still on em.

whats funny is around here marble is only 65 per lineal foot vs 120 for
granite or corian/silestone. its *nuts*.

> Well, actually I do own a german car.  I was thinking BMW, Benz when I wrote
> that, but what I drive is a VW Jetta.  I rather like the thing, but I'm not
> sure where to go from here.

my cousin drove a jetta for years and loved it. but then ive rarely heard
from someone who owned a vw and who didnt like it. my family tended to
avoid any car not made by chrysler or dodge, as my dad sold them and knew
which models were reliable vs those that were always in the shop.

--a