[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 13:58:25 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Specifically:
> My friend Ted tells me I have to have a Viking stove. Do you sell them?" Sure
> they did, said an elegant-sounding woman, for about $5000. "How is it better
> than a $300 GE?" I asked. She replied, "It is less reliable than the GE,
> harder to clean, and it throws off a tremendous amount of waste heat. So while
> it does heat up your food, it also heats up your kitchen and then you need a
> huge exhaust hood to take all the waste heat away."

Hmmm I need one in my appartment... the heat sucks... Basically the lady
in the first floor controls the heat and has to crank it up and open
windows for me to get past 65 degrees in the dead of winter... I hope my
landlady properly adjusts the new furnace soon.  Half my registers are
dead.  I could almost justify my extra power bill in computers esp.
hooking up a separate 20 A receptacle and the Crimson just for heat
generation alone.

Andrew

I can see it now...
my other heater is a SGI Crimson running SETI at HOME