[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 13:28:33 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Fogg, James wrote:
> OOOhh.. Viking Range....
> Even I want one of them in the house.
> In fact, the Viking is going to show up in my house before any Cray. Maybe
> even before my next new computer.

i'm biding my time. currently we're redoing the kitchen, so i cant just
plunk down thousands for a range when i dont have countertops to enclose
it :) all in time, i guess, but it will be mine. just as he'll get a cray.
hes's geeky bout electronic things, i go batshit over ranges and
wine-coolers, paint swatches and upholstery, antiques and art. it works,
sorta.

> You see, my wife is a wizard in the kitchen. Name a cuisine and she knows 10
> recipes by memory. Mention Penn Dutch, and she not only knows 50 recipes by
> memory, but has about 30 really old Penn Dutch cookbooks in her collection
> that are out of print. She even has the special equipment, like a copper
> mixing bowl (it has something to do with eggs) and a bigass Kitchenaid stand
> mixer.

egg whites, actually. they react with the copper and fluff up more :) geek
cooks rule. as for the kitchenaide..there's a sweet red one with my name
on it at fry's whenever i finish renovating the kitchen. its my reward to
myself for being an idiot enough to do-it-myself.

as for penn-dutch, i once went to an auction in delaware (i forget the
town but its a few miles outside of chestertown) where i first experienced
penn-dutch food. they made these beef hotdogs encased in pretzel dough
that i still dream about at night. s'why i'd kill to move northeast. so i
can eat!

> I like to eat and my tastes cover every nationality's cuisine. I make sure
> she has what she wants so I get to eat what I like. The 'puters on the other
> hand.... they're in the basement (soon to be barn loft office).

i'm fond of most cuisines as well. only thing i'm hesitant about is
anything with fish in it. i think i was fed too many fishsticks as a kid
or something :)

--a